Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryo_nh

Baby Lucas and Gretchen

maryo_nh
13 years ago

Little Lucas was born last night just before midnight, and he's so beautiful... We drove down to Boston right away this morning to meet him. He's such a little bitty guy, making tiny little sounds with his little fist in his mouth... black hair, chubby cheeks, his eyes probably blue for now, but he was squeezing them closed so we don't know yet.

Lucas is our fifth, and our youngest DD's second. His daddy is beaming. His big sister Eva who just turned two hasn't seen him yet - I can't wait for the picture of when she sees him for the first time.

Grandbabies are so wonderful! I'm helplessly in love.

Gretchen passed away this afternoon at around 5:30. She was peaceful in our arms, without pain and fear for the first time in months. She's gone to heaven where her sister Sasha has been waiting at the bridge, waiting until we stopped denying it was time for her to go. They'll be playing tennis ball and chasing frisbees in the clouds and Gretchen will clean Sasha's ears. Murphy will come purring and do figure eights between Gretchen's legs. And when our time comes they'll all be at the bridge again.

We miss her so much already.

Comments (3)

• koijoyii
    13 years ago

So sorry to hear about Gretchen's passing. She had a wonderful full life with you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

I am expecting my second grandbaby (DD) in February. It's a boy. My first grandbaby, Sarah, just turned a year old last September. They sure do keep you going. Congratulations on little Lucas.

Wishing you and yours Happy Holidays.

Jenny

• annedickinson
    13 years ago

Mary,

Congrats on Lucas's birth. And.. I'm sorry about Gretchen. It is so sad to say goodbye to a beloved pet.

Anne

• sheepco
    13 years ago

Mary,

Congratulations on the new addition to your family, what a special gift for the holidays!

And you have my heartfelt sympathy on your loss of Gretchen.
    I just had a mental picture of the most beautiful dog park with all our old friends, big and small, sniffing and wagging their tails in welcome; frisbies and tennis balls and squeaky duckies everywhere.....and they know they are loved.

Sarah