Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imaginators

A new addition to my family

imaginators
18 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone. Over month ago, one of my 1 year old, part persian cats, Rusty passed away from a bad heart. Rusty was always breathing very fast. It still hurts when I think about him. My husband did mouth to mouth recitation on Rusty when I was driving to the vet to see if we could save him. Well Rusty had already passed away. A few weeks later, we went to the animal shelter to find a long haired kitten. I fell in love with a beautiful matured long haired cat but I had to take her brother. Well I could not do that since I had already 5 cats. So I found the only long haired kitten in the facility. He is a charcoal black with very thick long hair. He is very verbal and loves to whine if he is hungry or wants attention to play. The shelter thought he was 6 weeks old and was not really ready to be taken but they went ahead and let us have him. Well I think he was more like 5 weeks old. He acted like he missed his mother and cried all the time. My husband could hardly fill out the paper work and listen to the young lady about what we should know because our new kitten was crying so loud. Anyway we now call him Max and he has adjusted nicely into our home. Even our other cats took to him within one week which is unusal for territorial cats. Here are some photos of our cute Max.

Theresa

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/imaginators/Pets2005/Maxsideview.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/imaginators/Pets2005/Max.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/imaginators/Pets2005/SweetMax.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:175566}}

Comments (11)

• imaginators
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sweet Max

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:175567}}

• imaginators
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Closer view of Max

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:175568}}

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

what a sweetheart! hello, theresa! glad to see you are getting some free time to share with us.

• somethinsfishy
    18 years ago

What a cutie! Makes me want another cat.

Excuse me I have to go get mine off out of the Christmas tree.

Never mind I don't want another cat! :o/

• saigo
    18 years ago

Theresa
    Sorry to hear about Rusty. I had to put down mine due to a bad heart as well about 8 years ago, and I still think about her, but at least she lived to be 10 years before that happened. Max is a real sweety! He will fill the hole in your heart, but not replace Rusty. Could I maybe send some of our unwanted animals to your shelter? You mean they only had one long haired kitten. Our shelter is constantly bursting at the seams! Bless you for going to the shelter and giving him a wonderful loving home!

• youreit
    18 years ago

Awwww, he's a little darlin', Theresa! That Sweet Max pic is so precious! I can picture a big, red bow on that head. LOL

I can't wait to get another kitty, but until then, the princess of the house prolly wouldn't allow it. She's already chased off a few strays from the pond, and she used to terrorize Clyde the Pug. I think we'll just continue to cater to her until she tires of us and this world. :)

Brenda

• imaginators
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Saigo,
    The animal shelter had plenty of different type cats and dogs from pedigree to mixed. They also had a lot of kittens and adult cats. Out of all their kittens that were short haired they had one long haired kitten my Max. Max was really too young for me to take him home. He also did not have any brothers or sisters with him. I was kind of looking for a solid white long haired but chances of that were slim. But Max is perfect.
    Theresa

• saigo
    18 years ago

Theresa
    I'm sure Max is perfect. I was only dreamin! That maybe somewhere there was actually a shelter under used. Its always sooo exciting to have a "baby" around! I know you will enjoy him.

• imaginators
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Saigo,
    This shelter was very busy with lookers on Saturday. The animals are so well taken care of. There are a lot of college kids working there. We live in a University town.
    Theresa

• ARUM
    18 years ago

Oh my goodness, what a sweetie, and he also looks like he's beeen sniffen some glue! Just kid'en ya, he sure does make me think about get'en another cat, but this nasty Fred is all the cat I can deal with! Their so sweet when their kittens it's almost impossible not to get a whole slew of them! :) Arum

• hnladue
    18 years ago

Beautiful Kitty Theresa!!