Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
somethinsfishy

Happy Holidays frfom my PITA cat

somethinsfishy
18 years ago

If trying to get the lights on the tree isn't bad enough MoJo decided he needed to 'help'. So I tied him up, he didn't mind a bit and just laid there. I sould have went with the scotch tape! Darn cat!

{{gwi:175606}}

Comments (17)

• saigo
    18 years ago

Now thats a cute picture! What is it with cats and Christmas! Mine love the tree!

• jeffahayes
    18 years ago

I think I'd leave him like that year 'round, fishy... make it easier to see him coming :)

Great picture -- MoJo looks like he's saying, "Why are you taking MY picture???" :)

• youreit
    18 years ago

GREAT pic, Fishy! And GREAT cat! Maybe I'll try that with mine, since I have GREAT health insurance. :D

Last year, someone posted a link to a site with pics of cats in Xmas trees. I wish my cat would play with ornaments, etc. She's become a Grumpus McGee in her old age, though.

Brenda

• maryo_nh
    18 years ago

MoJo looks great in, bright white! What a cutie. Excellent pic, Fishie!

• somethinsfishy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks!

In hind sight I sould of used the blinking set. I wonder if that would have messed with his head a little more?

Brenda, are you crazy? I swear everytime I turn around I have to chase him away from the tree. The smaller tree (5ft)
    that I have set up in the family room he has knocked over twice already. He uses the railing as his launch pad and attacks it at the top. The larger tree its the decorations he is after. I've managed to rescue most of them before he did damage, only one glass ball has been broken from being batted into a table leg.

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

yep! that is why it was a few years for a tree in my house! a seven yr old cat that still had the energy of a 7 month old!

very cute! just think of all the needed stimuli MoJo is getting! (hopefully not electrical stimuli!)
    hmmm, did i use enough exclamation points?

• youreit
    18 years ago

Your punctuation is just fine, FTM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (LOL @ stimuli, but only because the cat didn't really get electrocuted)

I know, Fishy, the grass is always greener. Or the tree is...or something. I guess if my Pookie wasn't scared of the tree, and she kept trying to kill the invading ornaments, I wouldn't be so eager about cleaning up ornament guts. :D

Brenda

• goodkarma_
    18 years ago

Mojo is a living doll! Happy Holidays.

Lisa

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

ha! that is when we humans get our "revenge" and put gift bows on their heads to watch feline contortions to remove those blasted rude objects!!

• maryo_nh
    18 years ago

Heeheehee!
    A handful of our ornaments are the home-made kind, from back when the children where in kindergarten, and they weigh a ton and are indestructible (obviously - since it's now twenty four years later). These are the ones we hang on the lowest branches for the pets to enjoy. And to smack around with their waggy tails.

And we used to put the tree IN the playpen in the old days. We had a very under-bright Irish setter then...

:) Mary

• grandmapoo
    18 years ago

How cute! And MoJo is just as content as can be with those lights wrapped all all over him!

FTM, we love getting excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's the cilantro seeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

ha! to you poo! now, if only i had an upside down exclamation point option....hmmmm...must be those seeds. um, absorbing essential oils through the skin.

• grandmapoo
    18 years ago

Hey, you may have came up with a new and improved lotion. Wouldn't that smell just heavenly?!!!!!!! They already have essential oils from everything else under the sun...why not cilantro?!!!!!!!!!!! Wait a minute...now...If you patent this stuff, make sure you share the profits! :)

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

could you imagine the boost in profits for salsa producers? smelling all that cilantro would make me hungry for chips.

• somethinsfishy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Goodkarma, a Chuckie doll maybe! LOL

I am wondering how many of the gifts I just wrapped and put under the tree are going to stay that way. Hope nobody minds if they are bowless, have chewed on corners and a few holes in the paper.

FTM and poo maybe a nice cilantro lime scented candle!

• grandmapoo
    18 years ago

Fishy, what a great idea. I like it...a lot.
    I think if there were no other spices, herbs, etc on this earth, other than cilantro, I would be just fine. lol
    Needing some chips and salsa now...

• imaginators
    18 years ago

Mojo is a beautiful cat but I just love cats. Since I have 6 cats that think they are 2 year old toddlers I am keeping the Great room glass french doors closed where the Christmas tree is. All my cats love the tree and paper wrappings. Some of them love to shred boxes and paper. Ha! Yes, I have spoiled their fun and all they can do is look at the pretty decorated tree through the glass window doors. Heehee!
    Theresa