Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
camperman_gw

Concrete Stream circa 1978; Refurbished 2008

camperman
15 years ago

We inherited a 31-year old Japanese Water Garden with an accompanying stream when we purchased our house in 2003. The pond and stream are classic rock-and-concrete construction. The stream had developed numerous leaks and had been adbandoned, filled with leaves and debris. For several summers, I tried to patch and waterproof the stream myself. In 2008 I hired a contractor to tear out the old stream bed and re-pour a four-inch base, reinforced with rebar. The first picture shows the holding pool at the top of the stream. This small pool is located 35' linear and 12' well-head height from the pond below. A Cyprio Titan 3650 pump delivers approximately 1300 gph at this well-head height. Look carefully for the friendly frog observing the action:

{{gwi:176336}}

Water cascades over a small waterfall and begins its descent downhill. You can just see the filter through the bushes.

{{gwi:176338}}

{{gwi:176340}}

{{gwi:176342}}

And ending at the pond below. This pond is home to four koi and 6 goldies.

{{gwi:176343}}

The Cyprio pump which pushes waterfall and filtration. The pond looks deeper here than it is; at it deepest it is only 2 1/2 feet, 1400 gallons.

{{gwi:176345}}

Comments (6)