Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too soon to go into the water?

Posted by daisyincrete 10? (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 8:09

Hello. I am in need of some help.
I only have a tiny pond, and last autumn I took out the baskets with Iris ensata and Lythrum salicaria in, as they need drier conditions in winter.
The Iris are starting to regrow now.
Is it too soon to put them back?
Thanks. Daisy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too soon to go into the water?

you should be o.k.. your in a fairly warm climate.I don't see why not.

o

Thanks Dee, I have put them back in now.

Here is one of my Iris ensatas last year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Daisy

o

So beautiful! I am in Zone 7 and left my things in the pond all winter. They are still green and even one iris that did not seem to grow at all last year has started shooting up. It's still very cold here but things are looking good so far.

o

How pretty! So jealous of your weather. it's cold here too...I hate it. I have 2 houses & both have ponds. The iris are in the stream.When I shut down for the winter I just let them there in their pots.They sprout right back every year...........Tough little buggers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here