Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blessedfamily

Koi laying on side/playing dead?

blessedfamily
13 years ago

Yesterday I looked out my window and saw my big white koi laying on the bottom so I went out and she looked dead just laying there on the bottom so I went and go the net..came back put the net in and she gets up from laying on her side and swims away..today I got out and she is looking dead once again even when I come to the pond where she can see me..she doesn't move until I splash the water then she up and swims again..my pond is about 1,500 gallons with 3 big koi and a few small goldfish..I have had the pond for 4 years now but all the koi were new last spring..I lost a few fish over winter which has never happened..I keep my waterfall on all year along with a de-icer..She does not seem to be injured from what I can tell without stressing her out trying to catch her..I have googled but have not really come up with anything to help me out. She is about 10 years old(got her from an old guy that didn't want pond anymore)..I would hate to lose her as he had her for 10 years and I can't even keep her alive for one..not good :( Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)