Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring set up

Posted by Joecd none (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 16:41

I live in Pa and was planning on getting my 5000 gallon pond running again at the end of February. I was going to start with a water change of about 500 gallons then add micro lift sluge away. I do have two bogs. Should I wait to add the micro lift until later in the spring? I also do weekly water changes of about 100gallons. Is this depleting my micro lift additive? Can you please recommend anything else for me to do or alter my ideas? I have all types of fish ranging from minnows to catfish to Koi. Thank you for your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring set up

i would wait until later in the spring.the bio will work better with warmer water

o

You might find the Microbe Lift is not necessary, especially with bogs in the system.Why not wait until the water is warmer and test the water before you spend your money?

o

What type of testing results do I need to see if my water has enough good bacteria in it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here