Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Checking in my pond

Posted by calamity_j z7bc (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 21, 11 at 0:48

For signs of life! Been sunny today and I saw 6(out of 9) of my goldfish coming near the surface, AND my 1 baby...that is about 1.5" long now! I was kinda worried that it might have not made it thru the winter, Pond froze over 2x, I was able to push the ice and crack it, just with my fingers, so not froze deep. SUNSHINE WHOOHOO! Is it too early to start feeding them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Checking in my pond

Great news to hear all is well with your pond and fish! Wait to feed them until the water temp is over 50 degrees. I have pushed it and fed at 48 degrees but that with the promise of warm weather in the week ahead. Start by feeding them a low protien food - some people feed wheat germ pellets or Cheerios (which are good short term). It is good to soak either in some orange juice before feeding to give them some Vitamin C.

Regards,
Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here