Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orangeaugust

Vernal pool plants

orangeaugust
10 years ago

Hello, I have lived in my house for a little over a year, so I've only had one spring and summer so far. My land is on the border of wetlands. Last summer I had a pool of water in the back yard that was there from July until about September. The pool disappeared in the fall but the ground was still saturated. I wasn't able to mow my lawn in that area for 3 months. A large section of my grass died because of the pool and one of my pine trees also started dying (turning brown)� so I think it might have been a first-time occurrence because the grass was really nice back there. Although, two of the pines had fallen before I moved in.
Anyway, to get to the point, Is there anything I can plant in that area to replace the grass? If I get the pool again this year, the grass will continue to look awful. Last year when all the grass died I did gets some weird plants, like one with little purple flowers� But I'd like to try to plant with some kind of semi-aquatic plants or something� so it could look nicer like a garden rather than dead grass with plants that look like weeds.
Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville