Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

Signs of spring?

sleeplessinftwayne
10 years ago

Spring is coming!

The 6-8 inches of ice is gone. The fish are visible(at least some of them). Maybe next week it will be warm enough to dredge out some of the winter debris.

Spring is coming!

Comments (9)

• myfrozenlittlepond
    10 years ago

Thanks for the encouraging news. Up here we are currently receiving additional snow and my pond is still hopelessly buried under several inches of ice and piled snow!

• happy.in.my.garden
    10 years ago

Here in WV it's 61 outside today...it feels so good to be out and pruning the clematis' and seeing what else needs done around the yard. Oh, and while working around the pond, guess what I saw? My first FROG of the season! She was sunning under the waterfall atop a partially submerged Creepin' Jenny.

• catherinet
    10 years ago

The weather is so weird. I hope it doesn't snow in June! I'm seeing tadpoles in my little stocktank pond. I think I saw the tail of my northern watersnake slip under the rock around the pond the other day. It will probably turn to 90 degrees right after the last snow!

• sleeplessinftwayne
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Spring is here! I can see Snowdrops outside my kitchen window and three robins showed up yesterday. I see sprouting daffodils and allium.

Catherine, we have seen snow on May 15 in Wisconsin. That is the last frost date there. It was so heavy on the leafed out branches they bent to the ground or broke.

Spring is definitely here.

• sleeplessinftwayne
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Spring is here! I can see Snowdrops outside my kitchen window and three robins showed up yesterday. I see sprouting daffodils and allium.

Catherine, we have seen snow on May 15 in Wisconsin. That is the last frost date there. It was so heavy on the leafed out branches they bent to the ground or broke.

Spring is definitely here.

• ademink
    10 years ago

Hi my Indiana friends! :) Beautiful today....18 Sunday night. WHAT THE HECK??? lol

My fish are struggling..parasites and weakness. Hang in there, babies!

• happy.in.my.garden
    10 years ago

They're calling for snow her on Sunday and Tuesday, but that doesn't keep me from dreamin'...I've seen a total of three bull frogs in the pond sunning and the Koi are coming to the surface when they see me now! They know mama brings them food, but it's still to early to start feeding them, so they'll have to wait a little longer.
    Ah, Spring!

• catherinet
    10 years ago

This is off topic.......but I've been feeling weak and puny lately. I wonder if doctors' offices have been getting more various complaints this year because of the weather? Surely it affects us physically and emotionally!

• frugalgardener
    10 years ago

Enough snow is gone I could open the greenhouse cover on the pond. Saw a few fish - they look fine - but most important I saw Sylvia the turtle that moved in last year! She was on an edge just under the water and she pulled her head in just a little bit more when she saw me. Guess she is doing OK! Outside the cover we still have ice over the pond. Come on spring!!! Sherry

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor