Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Signs of spring?

Posted by sleeplessinftwayne z4-5 IND (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 8:28

Spring is coming!

The 6-8 inches of ice is gone. The fish are visible(at least some of them). Maybe next week it will be warm enough to dredge out some of the winter debris.

Spring is coming!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Signs of spring?

Thanks for the encouraging news. Up here we are currently receiving additional snow and my pond is still hopelessly buried under several inches of ice and piled snow!

o

Here in WV it's 61 outside today...it feels so good to be out and pruning the clematis' and seeing what else needs done around the yard. Oh, and while working around the pond, guess what I saw? My first FROG of the season! She was sunning under the waterfall atop a partially submerged Creepin' Jenny.

o

The weather is so weird. I hope it doesn't snow in June! I'm seeing tadpoles in my little stocktank pond. I think I saw the tail of my northern watersnake slip under the rock around the pond the other day. It will probably turn to 90 degrees right after the last snow!

o

Spring is here! I can see Snowdrops outside my kitchen window and three robins showed up yesterday. I see sprouting daffodils and allium.

Catherine, we have seen snow on May 15 in Wisconsin. That is the last frost date there. It was so heavy on the leafed out branches they bent to the ground or broke.

Spring is definitely here.

o

Spring is here! I can see Snowdrops outside my kitchen window and three robins showed up yesterday. I see sprouting daffodils and allium.

Catherine, we have seen snow on May 15 in Wisconsin. That is the last frost date there. It was so heavy on the leafed out branches they bent to the ground or broke.

Spring is definitely here.

o

• Posted by ademink z5a-5b Indianapolis (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 22:42

Hi my Indiana friends! :) Beautiful today....18 Sunday night. WHAT THE HECK??? lol

My fish are struggling..parasites and weakness. Hang in there, babies!

o

They're calling for snow her on Sunday and Tuesday, but that doesn't keep me from dreamin'...I've seen a total of three bull frogs in the pond sunning and the Koi are coming to the surface when they see me now! They know mama brings them food, but it's still to early to start feeding them, so they'll have to wait a little longer.
Ah, Spring!

o

This is off topic.......but I've been feeling weak and puny lately. I wonder if doctors' offices have been getting more various complaints this year because of the weather? Surely it affects us physically and emotionally!

o

Enough snow is gone I could open the greenhouse cover on the pond. Saw a few fish - they look fine - but most important I saw Sylvia the turtle that moved in last year! She was on an edge just under the water and she pulled her head in just a little bit more when she saw me. Guess she is doing OK! Outside the cover we still have ice over the pond. Come on spring!!! Sherry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here