Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
They Live!!!!!

Posted by Craigger7 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 14:38

OMG....Today was a good day looking into my small pond, and seeing live koi. The ice is finally starting to clear from my small pond. I chose not to stress my koi out, by not transferring them into the new big pond in October. I was regretting that when my submergible pump froze up at one foot depth in the middle of winter. My small pond is only 2 feet deep, this just shows the resilience of koi. So feeding my koi all those crazy things maybe paid off. I hope you guys that suffered the harsh winter fare well with your ponds.

Craig

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: They Live!!!!!

I am happy for you. All I see is snow and ice here in north west NJ. It has been melting so maybe I will see fish in the next weak or so.

o

Sharing your joy. I will have to wait a few weeks yet to see if mine survived. Still ice but shows signs of melting.

o

I'm happy for you...and your koi! I know I worried all winter when my pond froze. This is the first time the pond has frozen completely over, so I was really concerned. Then when I went out yesterday to check on things, my koi were moving around and a couple of them even came to the surface.

o

I know its just because I haven't seen my koi in 4 months. But man do they look like they have grown. Good luck to ya guys, Warm weather is on the horizon.

Craig

o

Haven't seen a single koi in my 8000 gal pond here in central Indiana yet, but DID see one of my big aquatic turtles sunning yesterday. Looks like spring may finally be on it's way!

o

Today we have had enough ice melt to get a first glimpse of my fish. Two hole fish but mostly tails sticking out of their cave. They no longer fit in the cave;-)
I cant wait till it gets warm enough to get the pump back in and started up.

o

Spotted my goldfish... looks like they all made it, even my tiny ryukin.

o

Woot!!!! I just wish the weather would break for good now

o

I've got Spring fever so bad right now and a terrible itch to go outside and get things started, but as long as the weathers not going to hold out...I'll have to put it off for a little while longer.
I can not wait for warmer days to be the norm and to be able to enjoy working in the garden again and watching my babies swimming around.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here