Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Love my Pondmaster

Posted by pashta_2006 Z4 ADK NY (pashta@aol.com) on
Tue, Mar 23, 10 at 17:30

Last fall, when I would normally be closing up the pond the "right way", I was ill. All I could manage was to put the old windows over the pond and turn off the Pondmaster pump. Just left it in the pond. No bubbler this time. Just a couple of prayers for the fish.

This past weekend, after the ice thawed, I pulled up the Pondmaster pump, took it apart, cleaned the impeller and the hole into which it fits and it worked!!!!

The fish are still deep down somewhere (can't see the black one anyway, though I did see the comet while the ice was still on the pond) but I now have a dome aerator going and have pulled all the pebbles out of the stream to clean them, which I will do this coming weekend when the rain ends.

That pump just keeps working no matter how abusive I am of it. I love it.

Anne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Love my Pondmaster

Anne,
Yes Danner makes a good Pondmaster pump. But as long as the water around the pump does not freeze it is the best place to keep a submersible pump. You did not abuse the pump at all. The ice forming around the cord might be a problem but doubtful. The very cold water isn't going to hurt the pump in fact it is better for the pump. So don't feel bad about leaving the pump somewhere it can't freeze and the water isn't going to change much.
Mike

o

I've had three over the years and two are still kicking.

o

Yeppers, dem r GOOD pumps. My first one died prematurely but was promptly replaced and that one is going strong.

We have a spa-in-a-box hot tub and when the pump in that went bad I put a Pondmaster pump in that and that goes strong running 3 years near continuously!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here