Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I see fish!

Posted by Mike56 7a (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 17:34

Here in north west New Jersey, the 6 inches of winter ice is almost gone from my pond. Today I can see all my fish for the first time in 3 months! :-) They made it through their seventh winter.
Soon I will be able to go out and play in the pond again!
Happy spring! Well almost.

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I see fish!

Congrats Mike. It's always nice to be able to see live fish in the spring.

o

Good deal! I lost 1 out of 4 this winter, unknown causes. The rest are happily hunkered down and waiting for spring.

o

We have a thaw on our horizon in the next few days. Hopefully, I will be able to spot a couple of mine.

o

Spotted five of my goldfish yesterday. There are more hiding. Haven't seen my shubies yet. Found "Scout" who was my first into my new pond last year - hence the name! I can't wait to get some maintenance done but it is still way too early.

o

I am looking forward to getting a pump started. Came home this afternoon and saw the fish swimming around very slowly. Such a good sight to see!

o

We saw fish swimming around today as well in our pond after I had feared the heron might have eaten them all. Wherever there is Parrots Feather which is evergreen here, there are comets from an inch to four inches long venturing out a bit and back under! So exciting! Spring is soon here.

o

Well its been 3 weeks and 4 snow falls since I first saw my fish after the big thaw. Tomorrow we are due to get another snow but today I got my falls and stream started up. Yea!

o

I counted all 18 of my babies!! I leave the pump going all winter. My pond is so crystal clear I can see the string algae everywhere!!!arg! My pond lilies have about 2inch leaves. Today is so nice out that as soon as I got home from work...it's straight to the pond to watch my babies!!!!lol!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here