Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mike56gb

I see fish!

Mike56
11 years ago

Here in north west New Jersey, the 6 inches of winter ice is almost gone from my pond. Today I can see all my fish for the first time in 3 months! :-) They made it through their seventh winter.
Soon I will be able to go out and play in the pond again!
Happy spring! Well almost.

Mike

Comments (8)

• annedickinson
    11 years ago

Congrats Mike. It's always nice to be able to see live fish in the spring.

• gemini_jim
    11 years ago

Good deal! I lost 1 out of 4 this winter, unknown causes. The rest are happily hunkered down and waiting for spring.

• Holly_ON
    11 years ago

We have a thaw on our horizon in the next few days. Hopefully, I will be able to spot a couple of mine.

• Holly_ON
    11 years ago

Spotted five of my goldfish yesterday. There are more hiding. Haven't seen my shubies yet. Found "Scout" who was my first into my new pond last year - hence the name! I can't wait to get some maintenance done but it is still way too early.

• carolyn18810
    11 years ago

I am looking forward to getting a pump started. Came home this afternoon and saw the fish swimming around very slowly. Such a good sight to see!

• joraines
    11 years ago

We saw fish swimming around today as well in our pond after I had feared the heron might have eaten them all. Wherever there is Parrots Feather which is evergreen here, there are comets from an inch to four inches long venturing out a bit and back under! So exciting! Spring is soon here.

• Mike56
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well its been 3 weeks and 4 snow falls since I first saw my fish after the big thaw. Tomorrow we are due to get another snow but today I got my falls and stream started up. Yea!

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

I counted all 18 of my babies!! I leave the pump going all winter. My pond is so crystal clear I can see the string algae everywhere!!!arg! My pond lilies have about 2inch leaves. Today is so nice out that as soon as I got home from work...it's straight to the pond to watch my babies!!!!lol!