Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackarae

Struggling Comet :(

Jackarae
12 years ago

Hello, the other night I put the hose in my pond and went in the house with the intention of setting a timer and totally forgot. In the morning I went into the yard to let the dogs out and saw the hose and promptly said some things that would make a sailor blush. I had left the hose running all night long. I ran and turned off the hose and then located my bottle of de-chlorinator and put that in. Everyone was struggling and overall I lost some beautiful comets and one black moor that I had been doting over for a couple of years. It was heart breaking. Slowly, my other comets and my two big koi have recovered. The incident happened two evenings ago and last night the ones that seemed okay didn't seem to want to eat, but now they are fine.

My main question is that I still have one large comet that is still ticking but having a rough go. He is lying near the water fall with his little mouth above surface. He isn't swimming but laying on his side. I have hope that he too will recover, since he's held on this long, but, I don't want to have him suffer if that is not the case. Has anyone had a fish in this condition do a turn around? I appreciate any support I can receive on this forum. Good evenin'

Jackie

Comments (3)