Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
malatu

Pond VS Pondless

malatu
14 years ago

I would greatly appreciate some advice and opinions on whether to build a pondless water feature or a pond. I'm hiring a contractor to finalize a 2.5 year project in my back yard. I will have a small waterfall feeding a 30' stream either terminating into a 11' x 16" pond or just using the pondless approach. I'm leaning towards the pond but want some advise from folks who my have a experince with either of the two. I like the idea of a pond and the associated plant and animal live (I would have fish), but don't think I really appreciate the amount of maintenance required on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. I'd love what you guys think. I've read a bunch of info on both, but most of the info is presented in the form of articles that have a tendency to be a bit vanilla. In the end, I know it's a personal preference ... that's the problem.... I don't have a preference yet. I just don't want to make a mistake of having this pond built and regretting it because I didn't didn't have enough info to make a logical decision for myself. Thanks much!

Comments (2)