Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
california_slim

Filter Upgrade

california_slim
10 years ago

Hello everyone,

It has been several years since I have been on the forum, so I feel a little out of touch. However, I need some help/advice regarding a needed upgrade to my existing pond filter. I will try to post a few pictures, but my filter consists of the following: two (2) 55 gal settling tanks and a 450 gal upper pond/filter. My pond is approx. 4,000 gals with a bottom drain and a skimmer. I used 4" pipe from each one to one of the two tanks (below water line for gravity feeding) where the water is supposed to create a vortex allowing the sediment to settle at the bottom (never really worked). Using a center pick up, the pump draws from both tanks and pumps to the upper pond/filter and then back in the pond via the cascade. The upper pond has a filter mat that is supported by a PVC pipe grid. The idea was to have water hyacinth floating as part of the filtration process, but the plants for some reason never survived, so did not provide the desired filtering.
The pumps get clogged from the debris that doesn't settle, and it is a paint to clean. Help?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting