Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jclagreca

Fountain repair

jclagreca
11 years ago

I was just about to give up on my fountain, when I decided I wanted to repair it.

Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lxr5jf4du6hgx9o/hoFMsJZsvB

I chiseled out the center fountain piece from the basin. The basin had been leaking from the electrical input in the hole underneath.

I think I want to pull the plastic liner out of the hole, and fully cement it in, so the bottom of the whole basin will just be flat. I'll cut a 3/4 channel out of the bottom fountain post, for my 1/2 schedule 40 PVC input. The pump will simply sit in the water basin, and pump up through the 1/2 PVC pipe.

My question is, what can I seal the basin with, so water won't leak through the porous cement? I searched around a bit tonight, and found other people suggestion "BEHR Premium Basement & Masonry Waterproofer" Home Depot has a 1 gallon container for $29. Will this work good? Is there a better solution for a similar price?

Also, if I chisel the fountain post clean, how can I re-attach it to the basin? Should I just mix up some portland cement or quick-krete or is there something special to hold the fountain to the basin?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm