Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clarabelle63

Pond Plant Suggestions

clarabelle63
13 years ago

I'm looking for suggestions for plants for a floating planter. I've been reading old threads on here this morning, and I think I might try a small one for my pond this year, especially since I have everything I need to make one hanging around just taking up space. It seems that impatients are really popular for them, and might I add...they look lovely! Also, what is everyone's favorite all-around pond plant? I currently have no name hardy lilies and miniature cattail and am open to suggestions of what everyone likes the best. I am ordering replacement hyacinths.. I wish they would overwinter, because I threw/gave away bushfuls last summer! My mother-in-law overwintered some anacharis in her aquarium for me, so I think it is time to collect that back. As a side note, I am planting my lotus tuber today. We are having really nice weather, and the tuber has already put up a pad just floating in the bucket of water I've been holding it in since receiving it last friday (when it was snowing). I guess you could say it broke dormancy! Time to bite the bullet and plant it...guessing I might have to roll the pot back and forth to warmer spots during the night for the next few weeks until the weather finally stabilizes.

Happy ponding!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting