Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UV recommendation

Posted by cherokee_joeshoeboot 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 13:53

I need to purchase (or make) a new UV filter for my pond and am looking for recommendations for one of good quality but economical. I'm open to DIY if someone can provide detailed instructions and parts list. It will need to be at least 57 watts to be of any use and bigger would be even better. I have two Savio skimmer/filters that I will be using in the new pond and I think I can use 2 UV's in each one but they are expensive, about $250 each. I can't afford $1k for them right now. so looking for alternatives. Is there a way I can DIY them to fit the Savio?

Thanks for your input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UV recommendation

How many gallons is your pond? I have a 9watt that I keep my 1600gallon pond crystal clear with! Mind you, I only have goldfish...

o
RE: UV recommendation

Pond will be somewhere between 9000 and 10000 gals

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here