Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrisireland_gw

Pond, bog garden and waterfall advice needed

chrisireland
11 years ago

Hi everyone.
Im new to this site and it looks like a great place for advise. I want to build a raised wildlife pond (it has to be raised as i have a baby on the way). I would like to incorporate a bog garden (as i think its great for wildlife and makes the pond look more natural) and a waterfall (as i think they look and sound great). Im a complete amature so all advice is welcome, i was thinkin of having the bog behind the pond and the waterfall flowing into the bog. i would keep the bog and pond water separate to avoid the pond getting mucky. But i would make them look as if they are joined. i would have the resivoir for the waterfall under the bog so the waterfall flows into the bog, through the soil keeping the plants well watered and into the resivoir, then through the pump and back to the top of the waterfall. is this too much water in the bog or am i on the right track? Or should i leave the water flow into the pond? Can i actually have a raised wildlife pond or does it need to be at ground level? i would love to have toads, frogs and newts in the pond but if its raised can i keep these, or will they climb out and not be able to get back up and into the pond? any ideas welcome, if anyone has pics or wants to shear yer experience please do.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting