Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ccecilm

Pondmaster Magdrive pump problem

ccecilm
10 years ago

I have a Pondmaster Magdrive pump (1800 gph) that is acting funny; It will run for about an hour then just stop (not throwing a breaker, it just stops working). I can unplug it for about 20 minutes, plug back in and it works for about an hour then stops again. It is fairly old and I have replaced the impeller a couple of times but current inpeller is only 3 months old. I took it apart and did not find and restrictions and the impeller is in good shape. Any suggestion / testing methods will be greatly appreciated.

Comments (2)

• joe_09
    10 years ago

there are two models of pond master, a and b the older is the a model.you could have a b impeller or cover on a a body.or the main unit could be ng.under load try calling pond master they might be able to heip you.

• ccecilm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Joe. It has been in service (with replacement impeller) for a year with no problems. It finally threw the breaker 2 times so I pronounced it dead, stripped off the cover, gasket and impeller for future emergency use and deposited the pump in the trash. It was the "B" model.

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x