Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dead fish :(

Posted by lvrana Tx (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 19:27

I have lost five koi and several small golfdish in the past three days. I am so sad!!! I am trying to figure out what it is and am thinking it might be a toxic plant???? We also just started filtering the water thru a hydroponics tub as well. We have a Hawaiian Ti plant and two crotons in there. I searched on line to find out that crotons are toxic so I removed those. I read online that elephant ears are toxic too, but the lady I got the elephant ears from had them growing like crazy in her pond. Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dead fish :(

Since you are new, we really don't know anything about your system. Can you give us some more info? The hydroponics reference is troublesome since not all hydropnics systems are compatible with fish. We would need to know something about that as well.

EEs are partly poisonous. I have had koi strip leaves and chew those with no harm. I wouldn't bet on the rest of the plant. Goldfish probably wouldn't even nibble an EE.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here