Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pondless Stream

Posted by irwinfletcher none (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 23:58

Hi everyone. In a bit of a quandary. We are building a stream in our backyard that is 45 ft long, 3 feet wide. We dug our reservoir 5ft long and wide by 3.5 feet deep. Just realized I would need about 45 aqua blog which would be a setback of 2400 or so. I have bee. Told to use French drains or the 3 in PVC pipe that has holes in it. Another idea was getting some milk crates but the good quality ones that I find when I search the web. My concern is the milk crates and stability. As they don't hold a candle to the aqua blox. Does anyone have any input on either of much options or have advise on what is a good alternative? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pondless Stream

I have no experience with Pondless, but I am a big fan of my stream. I would expect others to want to know a couple basic questions that you didn't cover. Are you looking for 'raging waters' or are you after a gentle natural stream? What do you have against a pond? You are taking up a similar space for your resevour. What is going over that area since it is not a pond? Do you already have a pump; size?

o
RE: Pondless Stream

We actually have a pond as well. This is separate from the pond. We are looks for gentle roll. I don't have the pump size handy but my local pond store sized it for our needs. Over the reservoir would be rocks and probably a decorative piece (statue or something). The concern is people walking on it. Aqua bloc can hold the weight but I don't want to spend that kind of money. I don't want to fill with boulders or large rocks as we would lose the water space. The reservoir is completely separate from the pond. Does that help?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here