Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sugarchalet

Good place to buy pond plants online?

sugarchalet
13 years ago

I'm looking to add more pond plants this year and I need to purchase them online...(I can't get out to shop for them locally due to health issues I'm pretty well housebound.) Does anyone know of a good reliable online supplier with "not so bad" prices?

Comments (21)

• nkm56
    13 years ago

Aquariumplants.com sells excellent, robust pond plants. Also, www.watergarden.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aquariumplants.com

• jennyb5149
    13 years ago

I just want to second Nancy's suggestion. I bought two water lilies from aquariumplants.com based on her recommendation. The prices were very reasonable, the shipping was not exorbitant and the plants arrived in very healthy condition (what happened to them AFTER I got my hands on them is a different story! LOL)

I was VERY surprised when I got the lilies to find I had more than just a few tubers. They sent me actual plants and one even had a flower on it and several more buds. Talk about hitting the ground running!

• catherinet
    13 years ago

I had never heard of the aquariumplants place. I just looked over their site, and those prices are great! Thanks for the heads-up!

• catherinet
    13 years ago

And what a selection they have! I have my eye on a couple of the Louisiana iris.

• lefd05
    13 years ago

I have bought from ewaterlily.com but not online, they supply a local greenhouse with their pond plants and I have bought them there and they are nice, healthy plants.
    I have bought from aquariumplants.com once. Plants were small but healthy.
    Texaswaterlilies.com is another good source. Just make sure you get on the retail price list and not the wholesale prices on their website.
    The plant trade side of the ponding forums can also be a good source for nice plants.
    If you are picky about making sure you have true to name plants then you need to buy from the really reliable sources or the serious water plant hobbyists.

• laurieoh
    13 years ago

I order from dragonflyaquatics.com. Nice plants and reasonable prices!

• ltakachuch
    13 years ago

I have been happy with the plants and prices from http://www.aquaticplantdepot.com/index.html

• jamiek
    13 years ago

Never again with Tricker. They shipped me some dried out dead stuff, and as stated above made me jump through a bunch of hoops for replacement. This including mailing the carcasses back to them for analysis as well as talking to some "not too nice" customer service reps. Never again.

• catherinet
    13 years ago

Sorry to hear that jamie. A few years ago I ordered an American lotus from them. It took over a year for it to blossom, when I realized that it was not an American lotus. They weren't the easiest people to deal with on this. I refused to dig up and send back the lotus, but sent them pictures.
    I even had to write a special letter to their "board" explaining what happened. All I can figure out is that maybe lots of people try to screw them over.
    That's weird about the dried out dead stuff. Everything else they ever sent me was in great shape. That's the only reason I continued to order from them.
    Can't blame you for never dealing with them again though.

• louie_gardner
    13 years ago

pondplants.com has large selection. I ordeed from them last yr and nice plants.

They now have free shipping if over $50 order

• pat_c
    13 years ago

Jamie - I have bought plants alot of places online as well as off. ewaterlily is great for lotus, but I still think ebay offers the best prices, especially for hyacinths. (J&J is a good supplier.) Most sources want $3.50 per plant, but with ebay sellers, you can get them for $1.00 or less. Yes, you take a chance. (But you do anyway ordering online) For my money, ebay is the best choice.

• casiocarcharger
    13 years ago

I've ordered from pondplantsforsale.com before and they had great prices on lillys.

• diggery
    13 years ago

I just broke my #1 internet rule...NEVER order online from a business with whom you have not developed a long time personal relationship(one too many bad experiences). And if I could buy aquatics without a 300 mile round trip, I would not have taken the chance.

Five days later & still watchin for the delivery man. Waitin' thru the long holiday weekend now & hopin I don't regret this...:/

• cokeisit
    13 years ago

I got several plants (including lotus) from a website called Pondfilter.com. They claim that the plants ship straight from the grower so they are very fresh. ALl I know is I got them pretty quick and they were in great shape. Dont remember what I paid, but seems like they were reasonable and the selection was very large. Their website is lacking images of all of the plants, but that doesnt mean they dont have them available (i called and asked).

Here is a link that might be useful: Pond Plants for Sale

• dbailey
    13 years ago

I have bought from Texas Water Lilies (Texaswaterlilies.com) the last two years and had great luck. Great prices and reasonable shipping. Working on a list for the next season now.
    Don

• RavenK2
    10 years ago

PondMegastore.com has the nicest collection of lilies I have purchased from. I know most or many are grown out from Florida Aquatics which wins awards for their hybrids. The plants arrive blooming if they are annuals. We don't have anywhere to buy these locally.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pond Megastore

• Mellisa J
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

watter lettuce from amazon is great http://www.amazon.com/

• garyfla_gw
    8 years ago

Hi

Since this is such an old post .Curious as to who you bought from and your experience?? gary

• diggery
    8 years ago

Hi garyfla. Wow, this is an old post, good to see you! I ordered from dragonflyaquatics dot com back then and have continued every year since (well, with the exception of last yr when I broke my leg and couldn't get out to piddle in my puddle). In fact, just yesterday I was pondering this years order. I need to get on that..

I've had an excellent experience with them and their customer service is nonpareil. Some time back, I realized a few hours after I placed my order online I'd left an item off and called to add it. My order had already shipped (!) but they shipped my addition out the next day and even tossed in some plant weights 'for my trouble' when it was totally my issue, not theirs. I give them a strong recommend. Hope this helps.

• lornalc
    5 years ago

Good to know of alternate places to order, I placed an order to Pond Megasotre in March for pond plants, and was billed immediately, can't get them to send the order, or process refund, having to dispute thru bank, I would not recommend this store.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio