Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pond Picture May 22-2011

Posted by sandyl TN 6b (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 11 at 11:45

Thought I would share my little pond with everyone. Fishies and plants are all happy and well..Enjoy this beautiful day.. Sandy Pond

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pond Picture May 22-2011

Sandy your pond is very, very pretty! The water is so clear too. In the planting pots....are those roses?

o

Yes those are Roses in the white flower pots and my pepper plants are in the black pots on top of the bio filter cover. The peppers are up out of my way up there. The water irises are doing great, this is their second year and will need to be devided this fall.

o

Sandy,

What an adorable pond.

Did you make the water fall thing on the bio filter or did you buy it? I am debating whether to try to make one or spend the money on one. I have just a pipe outlet now and if it clogs it causes all kinds of problems.

Anne

o

Lovely pond Sandy, I'm sure you get a lot of
enjoyment from it.
I had to laugh when I saw the roses
in the pots. My hubby does that too...he follows
the sun around the yard and moves the roses all the time.

o

• Posted by sandyl Zone 6B -7 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 18, 14 at 16:20

My little pond sprung a leak after 14 years, that's my little pond in the picture above taken in 2011, so now it's time to do a little remodeling. I have all my fish in a 75 gal holding tank and I also moved the water fall tank and set it up to filter and aerate the water while I do a complete remodel job. I removed everything you see in the above picture and will start over with a clean slate. The pond is going back in the same spot since the electrical outlet is connected to the old pond. I ordered my new 60 mil liner which came in last week. I'll be using 4" x 6" pressure treated lumber to do the rebuild this time, I'll have a trailer this coming Thursday to go pickup everything. I'm having all the lumber cut to size at the lumber yard so hopefully it will go together like a puzzle. Did I just say that? I know that will every happen, nothing ever goes as planned. I hope to have everything done and back up running before fall sets in. The lumber I have ordered will support a 8 x 5 finished pond 3 feet high at ground level. Suppose to be 95 this weekend so not much will be happening in those temps. I'll post pictures of the rebuild as things start coming together. Wish me luck.

o

Luck and crossed fingers that it goes in as easy as 'cake' :-)

o

Nice Pond Sandy, a very nice touch to the yard.

Craig

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here