Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alyceskis_gw

Spitter & Small WaterFall to one pump?? HELP

alyceskis
12 years ago

Please bear with me, I am not mechanically inclined at all when it comes to this pond pump stuff. My 8 plus year old pond is approximately 7ft x 5ft x 20"deep with 8 happy (2nd generation shubunkins). I have a spitter and a small waterfall that I want to connect to one pump to replace the two small submersible pumps I'm currently using that get clogged and need cleaning every other day. The spitter and waterfall hoses are 3/4" diameter. The waterfall is not high...approx 2' high from water level... birds love it so much.

An ebay seller recommended a 1600gph that has a 3/4" male threaded opening to operate both the spitter and small waterfall but doesn't carry any pump accessories.

I already have a 2000gph submersible bubble pump (from same seller), running to filter my pond and it does a great job keeping my pond clear.... never needs constant pulling and cleaning. I know I need a splitter or T in order to connect the two hoses to the 1600gph pump.

My questions are: 1. Will running both pumps (2000 & 1600) in my pond be way too much water filtering/movement? #2. What size double splitter will I need if the pump has a 3/4" threaded opening and where can I purchase this "T" splitter?

Thank you so very much for any help and suggestions

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!