Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
koijoyii

It was a darn flower pot................................

koijoyii
11 years ago

Sitting out by the pond I decided I couldn't give it up. I ordered chest waders so I didn't get hypothermia and a 3-story fire escape ladder to help me get in and out of the pond. Started draining the pond when I got home from work last Friday. Just for the heck of it I decided to close the gate valve and drain the settlement pond one more time to see if it had fixed itself. When I opened the gate valve I had a rush of water and out popped a flower pot. The kind that comes in a four pack of annuals. Must have fallen out of the floating planter I made last summer. That's it for me no more floating planter islands. The koi chew through the cocoa fiber liner and then the pots fall through the holes of the basket. Now everything is working fine and I have the ladder and waders in the event I ever need to get into the pond again. Of course the frogs weren't happy when I drained their pond, but this time it filled up quickly with the drain unclogged. I am doing the happy dance along with my koi and frogs.

Jenny

Comments (4)