Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It was a darn flower pot................................

Posted by koijoyii NE Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 12 at 14:13

Sitting out by the pond I decided I couldn't give it up. I ordered chest waders so I didn't get hypothermia and a 3-story fire escape ladder to help me get in and out of the pond. Started draining the pond when I got home from work last Friday. Just for the heck of it I decided to close the gate valve and drain the settlement pond one more time to see if it had fixed itself. When I opened the gate valve I had a rush of water and out popped a flower pot. The kind that comes in a four pack of annuals. Must have fallen out of the floating planter I made last summer. That's it for me no more floating planter islands. The koi chew through the cocoa fiber liner and then the pots fall through the holes of the basket. Now everything is working fine and I have the ladder and waders in the event I ever need to get into the pond again. Of course the frogs weren't happy when I drained their pond, but this time it filled up quickly with the drain unclogged. I am doing the happy dance along with my koi and frogs.

Jenny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It was a darn flower pot................................

Jenny, I'm so glad you resolved the problem. Every year I say I'm going to close down the pond, but in the spring I just can't do it. It is such a source of peacefullness and joy for me; as I imagine it is for you too!
Anne

o

Success!!! Boy I'm glad for this forum...to hear some pond woes turn to success!!! I'm off today to the pond store to rent a pond vac.....

o

Great news! So glad to hear it =]

o

Glad to hear you solved the problem. Happy ponding!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here