Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goodkarma_

Ahhhh... The Sound of Waterfalls

goodkarma_
12 years ago

Cleaned out the pond and of course stuff happened. For the first time ever my settling pond standpipe got stuck and I had to get in to dislodge it. Arghhh!! Good thing was the water was not as cold as expected and a nice hot shower took care of the yuckiness. There were not a great deal of leaves this year that escaped the pond net so that was good. Plenty of toads this year. I need to make new floating planters and place watercress on the ones I already have. One of my pumps....well nevermind. A real dissapointment to me is all I can say.

Here is a pic of my pond. I got a couple statues out, and am waiting for the greenery to grow. I like the evergreens surrounding the pond. It has been unseasonably cold here so the plants are a little behind schedule. The evergreens make the pond look nice before everything else starts growing. I started the UV and filters today. My most fragile fish looks a little shabby this spring. I hope she pulls through another year. That poor Koi just is not very tolerant to the cold. I will miss her if she does not make it. In fact it would make me cry. My kayaks await a nice day in which we are not working to venture out and explore the river this year.

Here's to spring and our ponds! Hope everyone pond plans are going as scheduled and looking forward to warm, sunny days laying out in the sun listening to the sound of waterfalls.

{{gwi:202378}}

Comments (7)