Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lori_carlos

Hiding places for my fish

Lori_Carlos
12 years ago

I keep thinking that my fish are being taken by animals or something but our pond isn't easily accesible. I mean, I know it isn't out of the question but the previous owner never had problems with animals because of how the pond is set up and where it's located. We have one favorite comet that we couldn't find all day yesterday. Our pond isn't very big, it's only 940 gallons with a pump, and 3 hornwort plants in the bottom. There aren't many hiding places for them, or so I thought!

The pond is a black rubber liner type pond. Not the preform ones (sorry I don't know exactly what to call it. There are some folds in the corners and today I found the fish swimming in and out of one of the folds! I still couldn't find our favorite one, so I turned off the pump to see better, moved it and moved the plants. Still nothing. Then I went back into the shed to put the net back, came back and voila!! There he was?? Is that ok? Will they get stuck in the folds? I officially found all 5 remaining shubunkins/comets, the 2 koi and the last little feeder goldfish! Yay, I'm happy again. Going to get one more Koi I think.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!