Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pond risers

Posted by akidleativy2 z9 CA (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 30, 08 at 1:46

I'm just finishing up another larger new pond but I didn't build a high enough shelf for my plants. I'd like to put in a few potted clovers but they need to be elevated closer to the surface of the water. Can anyone come up with an idea that's a solid platform or riser and can't be seen from the surface. My pond water is pretty clear and I want everything in the pond to look natural.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pond risers

Check out the hypertufa forum (sorry, I don't know how to link) - hypertufa is a mixture of cement, peat moss, and perlite or vermiculite that has the look of stone but can be molded into whatever shape you want. It's cheap, too. My papyrus is sitting on an upside down hypertufa pot & it looks much better than the bricks I had it sitting on before. I'm planning on making a riser that looks like a stone rather than a pot (it's kinda way down on the "things to do" list, though!)

Just make sure you let it cure before putting it in your pond.

Jill

o

Beautiful pond Mat.

I have the same problem. I bought 4 tall black kitchen trash cans and got a black plastic pallet from where I work. Made a table out of them. I have clear water and my stand isnt really noticable with a lot of plants on it. My water level is a bit low in this pic so a couple baskets are peeking out of the water.

Photobucket

o

Here is what I did. Purchased the black milk crates from K-mart, sometimes found in the school supply dept,and after placing in the pond attached Hornwort around the base so you can't even see the crates. If I need more height I used black zip ties to join two together. Works for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here