Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ingeborgdot

Pot holders for koi ponds/

Scott
11 years ago

I have a koi pond that has straight sides and no ledges. I need a couple of holders to hold some plants along the side of my pond. I used to get some wire holders from a guy over the internet but can't find him anymore. They hold the pot in the round slot and have strong wire that goes under the rock to hold in in place. It bends to go to any angle you want. Does anyone know where I can find something like this or something to hold plants at the ponds side without putting in crates? Thanks.

Comments (7)

• annedickinson
    11 years ago

LOL I thought you were an advertiser selling "pot holders" for cooking.

Sorry I don't know where you can get these; maybe they can be home-made. I have thought of using milk crates to make a stand for plants. I've also cut holes in foam floaties to put pots in.

However, I may just look for some stainless steel heavy duty wire to make something like you describe. I look forward to someone else coming forward with information on where to buy them ready-made.

• waterbug_guy
    11 years ago

Norm Call out of Roseburg OR makes or made aluminum pot holders that hung on the side of the pond. If he doesn't make them any any I know people have posted pictures and with that you could go to a local metal shop and have some made. They weren't very complicated.

• shakaho
    11 years ago

Some people use orchid pot hangers for their lilies.

Here is a link that might be useful: orchid pot hangers

• gardengimp
    11 years ago

One of my lily pots needed repotting and I ventured into the pond yesterday to put it back in place. I'm not entirely sure which part of my brain was active at the time because this turned out to be not.a.good.move. I ended up standing in the pond hollering for help. Even with my crutches and the fountain to hang onto, and then hubby to pull while I hung on for dear life, it was a bit tough getting out.

I do believe I'm going to fetch some of my old double orchid hangers out of storage and fasten them to the lily pots.

{{gwi:204950}}

~dianne

• diggery
    11 years ago

Hm...wondering if you could rig some wire basket planters designed for deck rails & make them work. Maybe attach L-brackets with the long part anchored under the rock. Necessity is the mother of invention, yeah. Might just try this myself.

A bit OT & not what you're looking for but I've used pvc pipe to build a couple of plant stands when a crate wasn't quite tall enough & 2 were too tall. Filled them w/pea gravel for stability. Worked well as I could cut the pvc to my own specs & it left more room for my fishies to swim as my puddle is small.

blessings,
    ~digger

• brandy123
    11 years ago

I saw these after looking for something I can use in pond as I took the shelves out because heron eating koi. http://www.avantgardendecor.com/store/planter-accessories/planter-holders/pot-holders

• mckool
    11 years ago

ABS pipe is black, same as PVC but is used for waste lines, 1.5" should work fine. I made a stand, used a flat rock for the base and holddown the pipe, even tho I drilled holes for the water to enter into the pipe - If I do a next time, I'll fill with slurry (concrete, no aggregate, mixed to a soup consistency), fill the pipes, glue on end caps.
    Shalom,
    MCkool

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor