Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tadpoles, lotus, pond & fish pics

Posted by koijoyii NE Ohio (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 9:18

Tadpoles in the settlement pond. The sun was going down and I was able to get a pic of four tadpoles. When the sun is out you can't see the liner for the tadpoles, and I also can't get pics with the sun glare on the water. They migrate to the bottom of the pond for the night. These were the stragglers before I scared them to the bottom.

Photobucket

Here is a pic of my lotus. I just bought it this spring and it's getting so big. Can't wait for it to flower. The label claims it's pink.

Photobucket

Of course I couldn't let this thread go without a few pics of my fish and pond

I just planted the trees on either side of the lotus this spring. I just love the one to the left. It has red bark. They are both Japanese trees so they are slow growers.

Photobucket

Looking across to the other side.

Photobucket

Playing follow the leader before circling for food.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Always, always hungry. How can I resist those cute whiskered faces?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hope you enjoyed.

Jenny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tadpoles, lotus, pond & fish pics

Wow, big pond. Very nice.

The red barked tree is Acer palmatum 'Sango Kaku' the coral barked Japanese maple.

o

Just lovely as always Jenny. :)

o

Yep, l.o.v.e.l.y as always. No surprise there =]
Love your new trees...wish I had the room.

blessings,
~digger

o

Oh! That is so BEAU-tiful! I love the little bridge!

Robin

o

Jenny,

Wow, so lovely. Great fish too!

Anne

o

Thanks all for your compliments. The tree to the right of the lotus is a Butterfly Japanese Maple same species acer palmatum. It has small green leaves that are edged by white and soft pink. According to the tag the leaf margins turn brighter pink in the fall.

Jenny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here