Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree frog heaven!

Posted by catherinet z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 12, 11 at 9:23

My son is a budding sound engineer, and I've been after him for a long time to record the tree frogs outside my window at night. Finally, last night he did. I'll try to figure out if I can post it here. But.....outside another of my bedroom windows is a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stocktank, and there were 8....count 'em ***8*** tree frogs sitting on lily pads there.
I was in heaven!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree frog heaven!

I bet you were in heaven Catherine. I would be too. I've only had a couple this spring so far. Enjoy!!!
Anne

o

Come and get the pair of tree frogs in my little water feature - they drive me CRAZY with their croaking!!!! We have lots of them in our area, but I wish they didn't live in MY YARD!

o

Just wondering ... why do you not want the tree frogs in your yard? Is it the croaking keeping you awake or do they do something else to your plants that you don't like?

We have a lot of croaking in the spring when all the toads are doing the hanky panky in our backyard pool, but the eggs don't last because of the chemicals and the toads don't hang around. Some mornings in the spring, the surface of the pool looks like a science fiction movie set.

We love the croaking and are hoping to entice some to stay by building them their own little Motel 6 in the front yard.

Robin in NC

o

I have to admit that the tree frogs don't just croak, like a green frog or a bull frog. They sort of scream. I can't stand human noises and they will keep me awake........but even tree frog screaming is like a lullaby to me.
Send me your frogs kayjones! :)

o

We love the sound of treefrogs, they lull us to sleep but the neighbor's dog wakes me with one bark...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here