Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my lotus might be ready to flower?

Posted by chubbypoptart none (shelbysheeneart@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Jun 30, 11 at 11:36

One of my aerial leaves has developed a second stem off of its base and I have never seen this before yet.its not rolled up like a leaf just pointy. the plant is young (part of the second batch) (only a few months) so I didn't expect it to be flowering. can you tell me what you think. thank-you for your time! :) here's some pictures.
Thanks so much! Shelby
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my lotus might be ready to flower?

Sorry that I won't answer your question, but what's your secret to grow them so big? Mine are about one and half months old but still very little. Maybe the pot is too little? The small roots are coming out of it. And I see the pink root. Very beautiful but what's with the leaves. I sent you some pictures of them to your email, there you can see. Okay, you have VERY VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL AND GORGEOUS LOTUSES!! I'm happy for you

o

No secrets:) this one i actually just took out of a one gallon milk jug of a couple inches of plain garden soil and no fertilizer the day before to put it in this container. Just lucky i guess. My first batch however have issues and they are in special mixed soil and fertilizer. In my case seems like keepin it simple worked better.

o

Hi. I believe it is a leaf. My second year lotus has been changing and growing and sometimes the leaf actually has a "sheath" around it. By the looks of the photo, id say yes its a leaf. My leaves are doing some strange different things also. I keep waiting for my bloom. So far the "sheaths" have turned out to be larger leaves. Sometimes the sheathes just appear as a pointy thing then the leaf grows out of that .

o

Mine is blooming now second year it was to bered I paid 100 for it Its beautiful though creme with pink edges.I left mine in pond over winter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here