Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crlitberg

Woke up to a half empty pond this morning :/

CaraRose
10 years ago

Last night I walked my dogs around 11pm, stopped in the yard and took a look at the pond. It was all flooded from the rain we've been having, filling the bog area.

Woke up this morning, walked the dogs through the yard-- and my pond is half empty. The water was down to the edge of the marginal shelf, just barely over the edge of the submersible filter (which I moved to the shelf thanks to recommendations from folks here).

The only change I made recently was adding some quilt batting to the waterfall filter last night. I'm wondering if the added restriction in the tiny (1 gallon) waterfall box may have been too much extra pressure on the hose/bulkhead, and maybe caused it to leak.

All the rain's made it pretty much impossible to use the ground to look for the lake (ground is soaked everywhere), so I refilled (investment in inline hose filter that removes chlorine and chloramines has been justified!), took the batting out of the filter, and turned it back on. Going to check in a few hours and see if the water level is going down.

Comments (4)