Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you seen my froggie?

Posted by erniem (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 10, 11 at 14:08

Two summers ago I got my first tadpoles. Both changes to frogs but only one stuck around. He got big(!) and over wintered at the bottom of my pond two years running.

I last saw him beginning of last week. Over the weekend I mentioned him to my backyard neighbor. Sure nuf, they saw a huge frog on their patio that week, they even took pictures.

I guess mister big froggie went looking for a misses.

Good luck little buddy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you seen my froggie?

• Posted by pcan 6b UT (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 10, 11 at 14:55

Yes, Good Luck Mr. Froggie! I hope you find what you are looking for :)

o

They come and they go.........

o

Then they come back...This is my 3rd year with the pond. First year, I only had a couple American Toads. Second year, I had more American Toads, a Northern Leopard frog, 2 small frogs that I haven't identified yet, a female bullfrog and several Gray Tree Frogs that were brought to me by coworkers who found them in the building where I work. The building gets sprayed often and they gave them a chance. This year I have had all the above, just in larger numbers. Plus a small green frog who is new. They were all going one night, and I loved listening to them. The toads and frogs both laid eggs in the pond which all hatched. Toads lay in strings and frogs lay them in a mass. I am now watching where I step as they are very, very tiny. My toads are all over the yard. One was sitting within three feet of me, watching me plant flowers. Each night, I can look around all of my landscape lights and there they are catching bugs. I love them all, although I let them be. Who knew?

o

Thats a lot of "Bull" frog. FYI, I too raised two tadpoles into full sized bullfrogs.. I called them Pat and Mike. The last time I saw Pat, his rear feet were extended out of Mikes mouth.. He ate his buddy who was his identical size. Great bird eaters too. Not really a great pond friend.
Fish too are on their plate if desired. As well as any small rodents, mice, etc.
Happy Trails..
And ponding.

o

Hope he comes back with the misses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here