Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pond Sequence pumps

Posted by 3148markc none (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 16:39

I currently run a pond with an internal pond pump, but i'm thinking of getting a sequence pump instead as they claim to be more cost affective, anybody got any suggestions.

I've been checking out the Evolution Aqua Sequence pump, has anybody got one or other recommendations ?

Cheers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Evolution Aqua sequence pump 8000s

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pond Sequence pumps

Doesn't sound that great energy wise to me. I have a in pond mag drive pump that is 100 watts for 2400 gph and your listed pumps maxed out at 900 gph at 260 watts. I don't understand what sequence pumps are but it doesn't sound like what you are looking for.

o

What size pump do you need?? The Sequence Pumps are very good. As an example the Sequence 1200S pumps 2600 GPH and uses between 72 and 92 watts depending on head pressure. They are reliable and hold up well.

o

I've had my Sequence 4200 for 8 years running 24/7/365 and it just keeps purring away. Can't remember what power usage is, but reliability is over the top.

o

Hi the 8000s sequence pump is what i was looking at. I have heard about the reliability of these pumps and i like the idea of not having tube running through the pond.

Do you use the strainer basket on your sequence pump ? does this act as a pre filter ?

Here is a link that might be useful: Evolution Aqua strainer Basket

o

I have the Sequence mounted in a below ground recessed box right after my Savio skimmer/filter (which acts as a prefilter) and I have it placed lower than the pond surface level. Believe it is called "flooded suction", so there is no need for a primer pot/basket. The pump then feeds two "Skippy" type 40 gallon garbage can DIY bio-filters that create a waterfall and a small stream back to the pond.

o

Thanks Finnpond.

Is your set up very much like a gravity fed system or are your filters above water level ?

I dont have any pre filter so might get the strainer basket.

Cheers

o

Yes it is gravity fed. Check out a Savio skimmer/filter on the web. It is similar to a swimming pool skimmer, but has filter material also. I have added some brushes in mine for more prefilter activity. Google "finnpond photobucket" to see some of my pics. I used to have a submersible in the Savio, but got tired of pulling it out to clean, so went to the external Sequence and I really like it a lot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here