Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joraines_gw

Our Pond in Progress--Pix

joraines
11 years ago

We had a low place between the driveway and a creek on our farm which stayed weedy, black and mucky. It was a great breeding ground for mosquitos but you couldn't get a lawnmower in there and it had springs so was flooded after rain and stayed muddy and wet pretty much all year. We had a friend with heavy equipment come dig it out last year and we have a 175-foot koi and goldfish pond we are slowly working to complete. Here is progress so far this spring.

{{gwi:211363}}

{{gwi:211364}}

{{gwi:211366}}

{{gwi:211367}}

{{gwi:211369}}

{{gwi:211370}}

I'll be posting more pix as we make more progress. Thanks for looking!

Comments (18)

• ChicagoDeli37
    11 years ago

That's looks awesome.

• ChicagoDeli37
    11 years ago

That's looks awesome.

• joraines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much! Still working out the kinks and killing poisonous snakes around it but it's getting there.

• groundbeef
    11 years ago

Looks great, keep posting pics as you complete!

• joraines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I will! Thank you for looking. I was gazing at your pond photos this a.m.! Beautiful!

• annedickinson
    11 years ago

Wow.. .how lovely. The pitcher plant is great as is everything. Is that a shovel for a paddle? hahaha

• joraines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

LOL! Yes, we were 'up the creek without a paddle' so he had to use my shovel!!! We were trying to get the air bubbles out of the liner material. Thanks for the complements!

• gilroybighouse
    11 years ago

Wow, hope ours turns out that nice!

• waterbug_guy
    11 years ago

Very cool!

• granyhuskr
    11 years ago

REally neat. I especially like the canoe. Wish mine was big enough to go canoeing.

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Love that little bridge! I too wish my pond was big enough to paddle in!!!

• joraines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much! I will post more pix soon!

• bllgl37
    11 years ago

Great pond! Thanks for the photos.

• gardeninhabitant
    11 years ago

Nice pond! I bet various creatures love it too.

• joraines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for looking! It has changed since I posted these. I will take some new pix soon since the plants have really taken off this summer.

• Lori_Carlos
    11 years ago

That is amazing!! I wish we had the resources to do something like that. If I had my way, mine would probably take up my entire yard! Great job, LOVE IT!!

• joraines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lori_Carolos, we don't have the resources either! LOL! Everything we do is on a shoestring and DIY. Our friend doesn't charge much for the digging and the liners are used vinyl billboards we get to cover hay bales on our farm! Most of the plants have been begged, borrowed and stolen from friends and various other spots on our farm. The fish are 27 cents at PetSmart and some were given to us. Most of the waterlilies we got for free from my brother and a guy who advertised on Craigslist. So, jump out there and DIY like we do everything around here! I always joke that I cut my own hair and my dogs--and with the same scissors. And, it's true! I'm posting more pix from today in a new post soon.

• joraines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lori_Carolos, we don't have the resources either! LOL! Everything we do is on a shoestring and DIY. Our friend doesn't charge much for the digging and the liners are used vinyl billboards we get to cover hay bales on our farm! Most of the plants have been begged, borrowed and stolen from friends and various other spots on our farm. The fish are 27 cents at PetSmart and some were given to us. Most of the waterlilies we got for free from my brother and a guy who advertised on Craigslist. So, jump out there and DIY like we do everything around here! I always joke that I cut my own hair and my dogs--and with the same scissors. And, it's true! I'm posting more pix from today in a new post soon.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm