Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrblubs22

Choosing bog plants for around the pond...

MrBlubs
11 years ago

So, I want some more plants around my pond mostly at the back but some in this bog garden I have beside it. Right now surronding it I have, Blue iris (Iris versicolor), King blue siberian Iris, Creeping phlox, Lady slippers, Day lillies, Some other type of iris (dont know which type yet), Thyme, pink cardation (i think), Cork screw rush, Elephant ears, this weird neon greeny yellow plant, and errr tiny purple and yellow flower things that look like panseys but smaller. Sorry for not knowing the names...

Anyway what boggy plants can I use? Im looking for pretty much any type of plant but would like some that flower. Winters here can get past -40 some times. So they will have to be really hardy. I dont mind bringing in plants that need to be brought in but they have to have already died back. If that makes any sense.. Well like parrots feather it goes to sticks but i have to bring it in becasue my pond dosnt stay un-frozen. I cant bring any plants that need a pot, sunlight and water because I have no where to put them. One last thing, I only want perenials.

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment (1)