Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lori_carlos

People in my pond! Ahhhhh.....

Lori_Carlos
12 years ago

Ok, so one thing we've tried to be extra careful about was our children around the pond. They are not allowed in the back yard if we're not out there with them. We have 4 children, a 21 year old, a 19 year old, a 5 year old and a 2 year old. It's actually scary thinking about a little one falling in.

Well today it happened!! We bought some plants and a new koi. We were very excited about putting it into it's new home. The others seem so happy that we figured they'd welcome him/her to the pond. Sure enough my 19 year old was floating the bag and reaching on the pond when SPLASH, in she goes. My 19 year old fell in!!!!!

She's ok, bumped her head on a rock from the waterfall and probably ruined her cell phone that was I'm her pocket but otherwise Ok.

I spent the past hour watching the pond trying to account for all the fish while my husband scooped out the rocks and fixed the pump. I've finally found them all and I think (or at least I hope) they are all ok. Our problem now is, we could just be imagining it, but the water level seems to be dropping. Ughhhh... What are we going to do if there is a hole on the liner? Are they expensive? Our pond is about 950 gallons. If we need a new liner then we'll probably just expand at the same time. Any suggestions or advice?? Where do we start? What kind of costs are involved?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner