Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sue_ct

New pond filter

sue_ct
9 years ago

I need a new pond filter and am looking for a pressurized out of pond filter with UV. It needs to be compatible with my current pondmaster in pond pumps. I have several in the 250 and 700 gph range. One goes to the filter and one to the waterfall, and a spare 700 gph. I don't want to buy new pumps also.

I have looked at the Pondmaster compact filters, the oase, Fishmate and Tetra as well as a few others. Reviews are hard to come buy and none of them are stellar. How much stock do you place in 1-15 reviews?

I have a 300 gallon pond in full sun with 7-10 goldfish (can't count them cause I can't see them). I have been using my old Cyprio Bioforce 500 without uv. Parts are getting harder and harder to come buy and after 1 month its still as green as ever. Rather than buying more parts for it on the internet like new filter pads, I thought I would just invest in something newer with a UV that will do a better job.

I also have water hyacinths and a lily that isn't very big this year yet, and a submerged plant or two that coming back and doing pretty well. But the hyacinths still cover less than 25% of the surface. That will just take more time.

This pond has not been clear in 2 years now because of other issues that left me little time to invest in it last summer.

It has been at least a month since I restarted the filter and I was hoping to see some progress by now, and I am getting quite discouraged. Any recommendations or warnings of which ones to stay away from would be appreciated!

Comment (1)