Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mybusyfamily6

Craigslist is AMAZING!!

mybusyfamily6
13 years ago

I am always looking for koi on Craigslist and they always want more than I can afford, but it doesn't stop me from inquiring...

Last night there was a posting for koi (make offer) so I ask if he has any in the $20 range.. he says no but he will take 25 for anyone I want... SOOO... I go to his house and he has 17 weenie dogs with fins.. lol.. they are monster fish, 8-20 inches long, you know the kind that you pay several hundred dollars for in the store.. They are all fat and healthy and friendly.. My biggest fish might be 6 inches long and I paid 65 for him a few weeks ago.. He is just a baby compared to these. I bought them all and they ended up costing me 17.65 a fish..

The sad part is my husband and I have been working on enlarging our pond its 8/10 of the way done so hopefully by tomorrow then a couple of days for the water to sit... And I can go get them...

Help.. how do I aclimate them to new pond water?? we will be bundling them into big totes to take them to our house and their water had a ton of algea (pea soup) so I don't want to mix it with mine. What do I do?

P.S. I am only going to keep 5-6, my friend wants some and the rest that we dont want we sell.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!