Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fleece blanket = clear water

Posted by guckka Pa (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 21:50

Having a lot of rain here in western Pa. My little puddle was brownish/green and I couldn't see my fish unless they came right to the surface. Bought a cheap ($3.00) fleece blanket from the dollar store and cut it up and folded it into fat sections and packed it around the pump. Then ran tubing from the pump outlet into a wire mesh basket also stuffed with rolled up fleece, which I suspended above the pond so as the water dripped back into the pond. This morning when I checked I could see to the bottom of the pond as well as all my fish. I tried quilt batting first and it really did nothing to clear the water. I'm hoping by tomorrow, the water will be crystal clear. I am amazed at how well the fleece worked!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fleece blanket = clear water

Day 3 and I can see down to the bottom of the pond! Water is crystal clear! 3 days ago the water was a brown/greenish mess. Couldn't even see the pink filter box.

o

I will have to try that cause I have used the quilt batting and it can be a pain.. That's great that it cleared it up so well.

o

Shalom - made a fleece bag to put over a submerged pump discharge - works great - gave additional comments on the filtering thread - Just rinse it off and go again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here