Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bandit123_gw

Tragedy occurred in floating island

bandit123
10 years ago

Last week my 24"floating island was getting very top heavy from last years plants, roots very heavy, etc. anyway, I realized I would have to redo the whole arrangement as it was always 1/2way over. No problem, I just planted younger, balanced plants as I had done before. Two days later I went out to feed my Koi and sat down, told my Koi I wanted a head count before any feeding, I must have sensed something was not right, as I was doing role call, I noticed my 7yr old beautiful Roy was not up with his mouth open, so I called to him, normally they come, I said no feed til we find Roy, Pinot, went under the bridge taking my now panicky attention with him. I looked over to see and there the floating island was a tail fin. I ran over saying No OMG, my Roy 16" beautiful Koi lay buried in that island planter. Why he jumped in there I don't know. It appeared as if he jumped in, panicked, trying to get out and like quicksand only sucked him down in the soil to meet a horrible death. I am only sharing this with you as a heads up, if you don't plant or dome up your plantings you may find a very sad accident. I am still very upset, I love my Koi,
Roy was my 2nd Koi to join my pond, he was my sweetest, most beautiful....
I have 16 more, never lost one, please be aware that these crazy fish may be in a mating ritual or just playing like Flipper, and jump into the unescapeable floating island.

Comments (4)