Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pamritchie

How My Island was made

pamritchie
15 years ago

The first step is to get a piece of plyboard, or cardboard, either will work. Set the pot you want to use one the board and arrange where you want you plants to sit. cut holes in board. I used a piece of pond liner and cut holes in it to match the holes in the board.You could use any plastie to keep the foam from sticking to the board and to keep the fish from pecking at the bottom of the island,

{{gwi:216791}}

I added some metal, the white things, for strength. You could use anything stiff for this, the green thing is a floating thing kids play with in pools, I cut it down the middle so it would lay flat in the board. I taped it all down to the board with heat duct tape.

{{gwi:216792}}

Next comes the "Triple Expanding Foam", I used 5 cans. I got it for $3.00 at a dollar store.

{{gwi:216793}}

More foam

{{gwi:216795}}

I used 4 or 5 different color paint greens and browns. Planted the containers, put the island in the pond and added the plants.

{{gwi:216796}}

Don't let the foam can get hot, Keep them in the shade. Once you have sprayed out 2 or 3 cans move the island into full sun. It seems to expand more in the sun. The next day you can bring the island back to the shade and use the rest of your foam to fill in some of the holes.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus