Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annedickinson

July 4th 'To Do List'

annedickinson
12 years ago

I took July 4th week off with a long "To Do List". I'm on the 7th day and still on Item #1 - Rebuild/fix Pond.

OMG what a chore but it does look better. Almost done. Just have to finish the fish-watching area and neaten up. Went to the pond store yesterday for 2 items and $85 later came home!

After I discovered the fish dead this spring I just let everything go, then was issued an ultimatum - fix it up or pull it out.

I've been working on it a little at a time since spring.

Here's the before:

Skippy Filter area:

{{gwi:217739}}

Stream -(I had stolen the rocks to build the skippy planter):

{{gwi:217740}}

Pond - Luckily I didn't have to do a great deal with this.

{{gwi:217741}}

Here is today:

Skippy Planter:

{{gwi:217742}}

Here is the stream - Ignore the black hose - it broke and I just got the connector yesterday so I can hide it in the arborvitae and ferns:

{{gwi:217743}}

Here is the pond - I dug out the overgrown plants from the front of the pond but am leaving the ferns,spiderwort and mint on the back corner.

{{gwi:217744}}

The final frontier - The fish-watching; chiminea enjoying area: This is what I was working on when the black flies drove me in the house a few minutes ago. My BF just found my mosquito hat so I'll head back out when I finish this posting.

{{gwi:217745}}

Then all I'll have to do is neaten up the area a bit, repair the rotten retaining wall, rub on some bengay, make a martini and sit in my fish watching area and enjoy the fruit of my labors.

Anne

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES