Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pond pump or pond fountain?

Posted by brownthumbia 5aIA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 28, 09 at 13:19

Actually as long as I've had a pond I really don't understand the difference between a pump or fountain. Because the fountains seem to be much cheaper, I'm wondering---do they also clean the pond as well or are they just for the fountain part? To tell you the truth I've had both and actually didn't know there was much of a difference. Had no idea I was so stupid about this after all this time until I started checking for a new pump, (or fountain) for the pond. Never even thought about it before. Thanks for anything you can tell me that will clear it up for me. BT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pond pump or pond fountain?

A fountain pump needs much less power than a pump for a waterfall or stream. Filtering, except for a small mechanical filter is not a part of the pump. Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here