Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pcan_gw

A Fish Story

pcan
12 years ago

I have had my 5000 gallon pond for a few days shy of a month, I added a dozen 8 inch comets last Wed and 2 shubunkins yesterday. I do not feed them.

Now on to my fish story�

Utah had outlawed all aerial fireworks for as long as it the state has been around until this year when they made them legal. This last weekend was amazing! Aerial fireworks going off in every direction for 4 days straight. It was great to watch every night, but those beautiful fireworks have to fall somewhere :( .

Yesterday I woke up early, threw a bathing suit on and got in the pond to fish out all the "beautiful" fireworks. I was walking in large circles collecting them from the bottom of the pond and floating on top. After a minute I noticed all my comets had surrounded me. I was sure they were planning their attack :) lol. Then they started swimming figure eights between my feet. At this point my husband started calling me the fish whisperer. Ha! One very brave white comet came right up to my toe and begin nibbling on the end of it. It tickled and I screamed lol. I felt like Snow White surrounded by animals.

I am pretty sure they were just munching up all the algae I was stirring up with my feet. Silly little fishies.

Comments (4)