Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mgeca

Black Goam Question

mgeca
13 years ago

I need some advice on how to separate stones and liner that have been black foamed together. I've had a significant water loss problem that I isolated to one stream. The loss is most pronounced when there is a turbulent flow of water in the stream and less pronounced with a reduced flow.

Figuring I had water loss through the rocks, in folds and over the liner, I took the stream sides and banks apart and did a major (or so I thought) foaming with black waterfall foam. You guessed it--there is still a water loss and I am literally stuck with lots of black foam in the rocks.

In order to try again, I need to move rocks while dealing with the dry foam. My real concern is pulling rocks away from the liner where there is foam connecting the two surfaces. I don't want to tear the liner or puncture it with any tools. There just hasn't been time for me to explore or to start, so maybe I am too concerned?

Before I do start, can anyone give me suggestions on separating foamed-together stones and liner?

Thanks in advance - Mike

Comments (2)

• deserae
    13 years ago

Hi, I would assume you are dealing with an 45mil edpm liner. If so you should be able to seperate it with your hands, and not hurt the liner. I definately wouldn't use any tools. Derek

• annedickinson
    13 years ago

As Derek said, I've just pulled the rocks loose from the liner with no damage to the liner. However, the rocks had been foamed in for about a year. I don't know if the length of time would make a difference.
    Anne